So why breakfast?
1. Breakfast restores sugar levels after up to 12 hours of not eating.
2. Your body has been deprived of food throughout the night, therefore your metabolism has slowed. If the cells do not receive sufficient nutrients they will begin to function less efficiently on smaller amounts, and they will actually store more fat to use during these times of nutritional deprivation.
3. It is extremely difficult to get all of your necessary daily nutrients without breakfast.
4. It is delicious!!
I have a rotation of quick easy breakfasts – here are some of them.
1 cup(s) of rolled oats
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small pot. Toast the oats and spices over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add 3/4 c. of the strawberries and stir to evenly distribute. Once the berries are mixed throughout, add the soy milk and agave nectar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and then lower the heat to medium and simmer. Stir frequently (scraping the bottom of pot), until the liquid is absorbed and the oats are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately and use the reserved 1/4 cup strawberries to top each bowl.